When it comes to hosting a wedding, there are plenty of things that can go wrong. Luckily Hotel News Now recently posted an informative article that will help ensure that your guests’ special day goes smoothly. With commentary from several popular oceanfront hotels, the best practices shared by these hoteliers are even applicable for non-oceanfront hotels.
Here are the highlights:
- Ensure exclusivity: some oceanfront hotels differentiate by only allowing one wedding per weekend. This isn’t practical for every property, but definitely worth looking into if you’re a luxury destination.
- Keep all guests informed: All the hustle and bustle of a wedding means communication is of the utmost importance. Avoid compromising service for both wedding goers and non-wedding guests by keeping everyone in the loop about on-property events.
- Targeting: The hoteliers interviewed mentioned that referrals and a strong social media presence on sites like Pinterest were their primary method of attracting new wedding bookings.
- Sell the venue, not the menu: Ever hear the phrase “What a beautiful wedding?” Guests will remember what a wedding looked like much more than what they ate.
- Offer specialty vendors: Round Hill, a popular wedding hotel not only has connections with standard preferred vendors like musicians, florists and photographers, but they also have henna artists, pyrotechnic specialists and even cigar rollers on their list!
More Wedding Inspiration
Want blog content and more directly to your inbox? Sign up for our email list for marketing news and insights sent to your inbox every month